Sunday, October 24, 2010

So it begins

last night saw the completion of the first scene of my movie, a framing device in which Merlin fights and is imprisoned by the Sorceress Viviane. It was so much fun to write, and also will probably be the easiest part of the script as the characters were basically already formed based on my research of Arthurian legends. I depart from the current legends in the fact that I make Viviane pregnant with Merlin's child (thus starting the line of predecessors leading up to my main character). Now it gets tricky because I have to transition from an epic magic battle on the coasts of England to modern day NYC where a teenage magician is trying to find his place in the world. I have been working on my character bios more lately and have who Braden is lock down much more, so it should be fun to write out the scenes I have planned for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment