Saturday, October 2, 2010

So, about that ending in my treatment

I finished what I think was a decent 4 page treatment for my script. One of the issues I had when actually writing it out was realizing that I had yet to find a location for the final battle to take place in. Since this battle will determine whether or not the modern world will be destroyed in a firestorm of magic I wanted it to take place in a popular, high elevation building or site in New York City. Instantly my mind went to the Empire State Building, and I chose it as my setting for the final fight. Afterwards though I was describing my story to a friend and her response was "oh god you're writing Percy Jackson." I have never read the books or seen the movie but she assured me that the final fight takes place in the Empire State Building. So, yeah, now I am back to searching for a possible location for the final fight to take place.

No comments:

Post a Comment