Tuesday, January 11, 2011

final boss fights

So in planning out my final fight between Jerome and Braden I was struggling to find a location for it that hasn't been used to death, stuff like the empire state building or central park is out, it's just too clichéd. I am looking at a couple of older historical buildings or churches. I have been toying with the idea of having it take place at some cathedral that was built over a pagan site or native american site. Unfortunately Seeing how this is set in NYC and not Europe finding a church built on a pagan sites is difficult to say the least. I have also been looking at street layouts seeing if I can find a pentagram hidden in them anywhere. No luck so far. In planning out the final battle I have tried planning it out based on different theories of how NYC will be destroyed. First, there is Jerome using the energy siphoned off Merlin's shade and start something like a shock-wave from the urban center of NYC/Manhattan and the destruction spreads from there. That would be an interesting dynamic as it would force the circus performers into the city. The other theory I was toying with was trying to find an element that somehow connects the city, and i came up with water, since plumbing connects everything. Following that theory I looked at different points with lots of water and have came up with a couple of possibilities, mainly different bridges, and one that kept coming up because it's right on the mouth of the Hudson River, Coney Island. I am not sure I can bring myself to set a final magical battle at Coney Island however. So, yeah, that's the latest dilemma with the script

No comments:

Post a Comment