Friday, November 12, 2010

Notes on my first act

Well, my first act is written. it's not nearly at the point of development I would like, but it's on the page so at least I have something to work with. Now that it is all written down there are some things I know I will have to go back and change/insert/improve. First, while I like how Jerome, the grandfather/teacher of the main character, can be abrasive at times towards him I need to make him more endearing and make him be the one person Braden really cares about to motivate his wanting to go out and find him more after Braden discovers the workshop in shambles. I also need to make his reaction to finding the workshop more intense. I need to research circus acts more so I can do a better job of describing the one Braden sneaks out and discovers. I also need to work with the transition of Braden being chosen and "discovered" by the circus for his magical abilities to when he goes back to regular life and finds the workshop in shambles.

No comments:

Post a Comment